Movies, just like books, can be educational as much as entertaining.
And so we (being quotes fanatics) have compiled the list of 10 inspirational quotes from famous movies.
Meaningful and deep, these quotes can teach us invaluable life lessons. So read on, think them through, and get inspired!
Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away.
– Alex Hitchens (‘Hitch’) portrayed by Will Smith
Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.
– Patrick Verona (’10 Things I Hate About You’) portrayed by Heath Ledger
To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life.
– ‘The Secret Life of Walter Mitty’
It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.
– Tyler Durden (‘Fight Club’) portrayed by Brad Pitt
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
– Ferris Bueller (‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’) portrayed by Matthew Broderick
Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.
– Rafiki (‘The Lion King’)
My momma always said, “Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
– Forrest Gump (‘Forrest Gump’) portrayed by Tom Hanks
However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.
– Stephen Hawking (‘The Theory of Everything’) portrayed by Eddie Redmayne
Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, it doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.
– Professor X (‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’) portrayed by Patrick Stewart
Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you’re born to stand out?
– Ian Wallace (‘What A Girl Wants’) portrayed by Oliver James